Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2008 - My Most Treasured Year

I could truly say 2008 is my most unforgettable year. Don't get me wrong, but I still do value my other cherished memories of past years. It's just that, I had gone through a lot this year that it will be difficult just to let it go unnoticed. Even though there's still a few months to go before 2008 officially closes, I'd like to feature already some of the following highlights:

1.) Rough and Hard stuff with my Chinese Boss!!!
You know, just by the thought of featuring this sets me on fire already! Just to give you an idea. I didn't exactly end 2007 in good terms with my boss. I won't mention his name for his sake! I still know how to give "Utang-na-Loob" you know. May pinag-aralan naman ako eh! When I started my job with FSC, I was hopeful enough to foresee myself already retiring with this company. I was very optimistic that even though things where bleak and unsure, I took the risk of giving everything for this job. At the hope that one day I'll be a part something great and wonderful. But things always doesn't turn out the way we want to be. Things went sour and all of a sudden, I'm beginning to have regrets. I was also damn worried about my financial situation, knowing very well I have a wife and a beautiful daughter to feed. It got me worried and scared.

Before the entry of 2008, I made some small mistakes with the company I'm working (yeah, that's right, no naming names!!! you know who you are a**&%$#%^ !). I must admit that these mistakes were truly forgiveable as compared to other costly and hideous mistakes somebody could make in a company. It would have been easier if my boss knows how to talk in a mild and level mannered. These guys, they're really spoiled brats! They don't care for your welfare, all they care for is only to make sure that they get something out of you. They don't care about you as a person. I've worked more that what I was suppose to do, sacrificing even my time to take care of my daughter! I'm sorry, I still feel a lot of pain and anguish everytime I think of this part of my life. I must admit, I do regret it and I felt like I was cheated out of something. But still, its all part of the risk I took as a part of my ambition of becoming a part of something great. Maybe, this is God's way of letting me know that only He knows best. To those who's going to read this, I know how important it is to follow your heart, but it also important to balance it with your mind and always seek for guidance. Don't take things as a gamble, it's not only you who will suffer, but your love ones as well.

2.) 2nd Kidney/Gal Stone Operation
Well as a result of too much hatred, I got another shot at experiencing the classy suits of Medical City. Pardon me, but I really would like to partially blame the people who've caused me this. Too much stress does really pull out toxins in your body. Guess what, this cost us around P100k+, which made things worst! No job, sick, confined in a hospital, wife and a daughter to feed. Guess how we survived!?

3.) Short Stint with Veltrup
Things began to brighten up a bit when I finally landed a decent job. But I still didn't feel at ease and satisfied. I just took this job marely to make ends meet and to be able to provide food for the table. I must admit, I wanted to blame Jhett for forcing me into accepting this job, but honestly I admire my wife for holding on with me through this challenging moment of my life. I can clearly see in her eyes her worries and this I cannot take anymore. So I decided to accept this job. It was also a time that I consider as a healing process. I still feel the hurt but I slowly progress to recovering from the emotional damage I had gone through with my career. I just felt a sudden gush of hope again and felt that life still has something better to offer.

4.) Finally, a break with Emerson
While holding on to my job with Veltrup, I saw an opening with Emerson. One of my very close friend Dan was already working for them and I suddenly felt that this is a chance of a lifetime for me. I submitted my application and immediately got an interview. Things turned out well and things are slowly falling back to pieces. I've regained myself back. Financially me and jhett are still struggling but still, now there's hope!

5.) Mishka 'd explorer
Despite all the struggles, God sent me this angel as a source of joy and inspiration. My wife and I, somehow felt the pain and difficulties of what we went through, but Mishka, everytime we see her just enables us to forget our worries away. God truly is magnificent! It just made me stop complaining and just enjoy life as it is. Seeing my daughter's laughter and smile, just totally brightens up my day. I love you Mishka!

6.) Jhett through thick and thin
Well, Jhett made the difference from all of this. I know how difficult this was for her. Bearing all the load financially. I'm ashamed but proud at the same time. Ashamed because I never wanted to be a burden but my actions resulted to things I could never control. Proud because I know I've found a very strong willed woman who knows how to pull through in time of difficulty. This I will never replace for another, not even a single bit!

Well, its still a long way to go from here. But at least, I'm in a much better situation now. I was forced to mature from my predicaments but also strengthened me more as a person. My life could never be better than what it is now. All my appreciation also goes to my family who stuck with us through thick and thin. I could never repay you financially for your goodness but I'll try to repay you in whatever way I can. Thank you and may God bless you in return. It's still a much better world out there, don't lose hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home